Active Research Projects in 2010-2014
- Takle, E. S., and W. A. Gallus, 2013-2014: Meteorological support for offshore wind resource characterization in the Gulf of Mexico. Baryonyx Corporation.
- Janzen, F., D. Warner, C. Milne-Zelman, J. Iverson, and E. S. Takle, 2013-2017: Climate change and environmental sex determination in a geographically-widespread species. National Science Foundation.
- Frank, M. C., S. Sritharan, E. S. Takle, F. E. Peters, M. R. Kessler, 2012-2013: Planning Grant: I/UCRC for Wind Energy, Science, Technology, and Research (WindSTAR). National Science Foundation.
- Takle, E. S., 2012-2013: Short Course Development: Climate Change Adaptation in Agriculture. USDA.
- Takle, E. S., 2012: Building accurate historic and future climate MEPDG input files for Louisiana DOTD. National Center for Asphalt Technology.
- Sumani, A., S. Aluru, R. Fox, M. S. Gordon, and E. S. Takle, 2012-2014: MRI: Acquisition of a HPC system for data-driven discovery in science and engineering. National Science Foundation. MRI.
- Takle, E. S., 2012-2014: Development of a balloon-bourne bouy-mounted measurement platform. IAWIND Iowa Power Fund.
- Brown, R. C. and multiple co-PIs, 2011-2016: Harnessing energy flows in the biosphere. National Science Foundation.
- Brasche, L., J. McCalley, F. Peters, G. Rajagopalan, S. Sritharan, and E. S. Takle, 2011-2013: Venture Fund: Institute for Wind Energy Science, Engineering, and Policy. ISU College of Engineering.
- Takle, E. S., and S. L. Rabideau, 2011-2012: Development of an alternative to the Typical Meteorological Year. Center for Global and Regional Environmental Research, University of Iowa.
- Takle, E. S., and J. D. McCalley, 2011-2014: Wind energy science, engineering and policy - REU-Site. National Science Foundation.
- McCalley, J. D., E. L. Brasche, J. Jackman, L. Rodriguez, and E. S. Takle, 2011-2016: Wind Energy Science, Engineering, and Policy (WESEP) - IGERT. National Science Foundation.
- Gutowski, W. J. Jr., E. S. Takle, and R. W. Arritt, 2010: Collaborative Research: The North American Regional Climate Change Assessment Program (NARCCAP) - Using multiple GCMs and RCMs to simulate future climates and their uncertainty. National Science Foundation.
- Ogilvie, C., C. Cervato, T. J. Greenbowe, J. A. Powell-Coffman, and E. S. Takle, 2010: Undergraduate Science Education 2010. Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Takle, E. S., 2010-2011: Analysis and interpretation of precipitation characteristics relating to Iowa floods. Iowa Flood Center.
- Prokopy, L. S., 21 other investigators including E. S. Takle, 2010-10-15: Useful to Usable (U2U): Transforming Climate Variability and Change Information for Cereal Crop Producers. USDA/AFRI.
- Segal, M., E. S. Takle, and D. R. Rajewski, 2009-2010: Sustainability of crop yields and wind power in Iowa under expansion of wind farms. Center for Global and Regional Environmental Research, University of Iowa.
- Gallus, W. A. Jr., and E. S. Takle, 2009-2011: Design of a meteorological model ensemble forecasting system for improved wind energy forecasting. Mid-American Energy Corp.
- Takle, E. S., 2009-2010: Past and future scenario climate for the state of Mississippi. National Center for Asphalt Technology.
- Arritt, R. W., W. J. Gutowski Jr., E. S. Takle, 2008-2011: Multi-RCM ensemble downscaling of NCEP CFS seasonal forecasts (MRED). National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Takle, E. S., R. Elmore, W. A. Gallus Jr., J. Hatfield, P. Pedersen, M. Segal, and S. E. Taylor, 2011: Optimizing wind and biomass energy production in an intensely managed agricultural landscape. Ames Lab (DOE) Seed Funding RFP.
Last Updated: 7/1/2013
Return to Dr. Takle's Homepage